Thursday, January 21, 2010

Try This Slow Cooker Recipe

I wanted to share a new recipe of sorts with you. One day I was in Wal-Mart, trying to decide on what to prepare the dinner that night. I found myself in the spice aisle and ran across Slow Cookers Italian Herb Chicken envelope by McCormick’s.



Here is a picture of the seasoning packet:







The recipe calls for chicken (of course), fresh mushrooms, stewed tomatoes and tomato paste. Well I had a bell pepper, celery, onion and garlic on hand so I added those as well as diced jalapeno peppers and some other spices and it turned out GREAT.


Here are the directions:
 1. Place chicken (I used boneless skinless thighs, family pack) and vegetables (sliced mushrooms, bell pepper, celery, onion and garlic) in the slow cooker.

2. Mix seasoning packet, tomatoes, tomato paste and diced jalapeno peppers (I used 2 tablespoons) until blended. I also added black pepper and about a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to this, we like spicy. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables. Cover.


3. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. The packet recommends not to remove the lid during cooking, but I like to stir once or twice so that everything blends together.


4. Dish up and enjoy! I served mine over fettuccine and had steamed broccoli – so good, it got rave reviews by my gang, Eric even asked me to make it again!



You can use any chicken parts or vegetables you like to give it your signature. Give it a try and let me know if your family gives it a thumb up or down.


p.s.


I’ve tried to remember to take a picture of the dish all pretty on a plate but can never seem to remember until AFTER I finish, but trust me it is delish!


ReBecca

1 comment:

CAB said...

Note to self - check out the seasoning packages for sake of sanity.

:)

Thanks for sharing!!

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts