Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Unexpected Visitor

We noticed a tapping at our front door, when I first heard it, I thought it was Eric doing something in the office, but he said that he was not making the noise, and in fact the noise was coming from outside – turns out we have two Eastern Bluebirds tapping on the front door! Are they trying to built a nest? Perhaps they just like the brass door knocker? Well, we still don’t know why our little feathered friends keep tapping on the front door, but they do it daily and only to the front door.


A couple couple of weeks the public schools had a two-hour delay due to all that snow and my neighbor called to see if her son could come over and get on the bus with Nicole while she went to work. Sure, I say, just send him over. She told me that she was going to feed him breakfast and then send right him over. So when I heard a tapping at the door I go to the door expecting to see Michael. Do you see where this is going?




No Michael, just that blasted bird! Oh no – we both had one of those panic moments and I think I even screamed (stop laughing, you would have too!) I’m thankful he didn’t fly into the house, I don’t even want to THINK about that scenario.

The pictures were taken while the bluebirds were on “break” from all their knocking. My crazy critters!

3 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

That is too funny. Although, I'm not sure it would be quite as funny if it was happening to me. ;)

Great pictures of the birds.

Stephanie said...

Hi,
You had left a comment on one of my guest blog posts and I'm happy to tell you -you WON! The post was for Jewelry by Jackie and you won a pair of her earrings. I just need you to contact me at CrystalAllure.com or stephanie [at] crystalallure.com
Hope to hear from you!
Stephanie

Tracey said...

I just love birds!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I miss chatting with you. Hope school is going well.

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts