Sunday, August 2, 2009

Anniversary Trip

Eric and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary on Friday, July 17! My how time flies by, it really doesn't seem like we've been married THAT long. We took the the kids down to Eric's parents on Thursday evening, and they didn't return home until Sunday afternoon. Yippee!

Friday morning we got up and I made my man a hearty breakfast, I'm talking a real breakfast not my usual cold cereal and fruit. After breakfast Eric had planned a day trip to National Harbor in Maryland. This was our first time going there, friends from church said they had gone and enjoyed it, so we thought we would check it out. Here are some pictures of our outing...






This the the Gaylord, we took a little "tour" - it was fabulous inside, WOW was the extent of my comments as we walked through the lobby, trying really hard to look like we belonged there!


Not sure what this plant is, looks like tiny tomatoes doesn't it. The Gaylord even has great plants.


And check out the water feature leading up to the lobby doors. They even had a fountain...





The "sailboat" on the Westin was cool, don't you think?




Here is the man in the sand sculpture, but it looks more like man drowning, but what do I know!






We saw some young kids sailing, they were really pumped up for their sail.




Of course I had to take a couple pictures of my feathered friends...







We noticed that the boardwalk was littered with clam shells, then realized that the seagulls were dropping the clams on the boardwalk to open them, clever huh! Here is one of the clever birds feasting on his bounty.


I had planned to include pictures from our wedding, but I haven't had a chance to scan the pictures in yet, hopefully I will get around to it soon.
Live blessed!

No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts