Thursday, April 1, 2010

Game Time Baby


I have been a huge fan of the NBA for years, and cheer for my beloved Washington Wizards (I guess I like the underdog). On Saturday, March 13 Eric and I attended our first Wizard’s game, the Wizards hosted the Orlando Magic which features Dwight Howard and Vince Carter (you will see that I like both players). The Wizards lost but it was a good game, and Eric and I had a blast!



Washington has had some major obstacles going on in the organization this year: the death of owner Abe Pollin, injuries, the franchise player Gilbert Arenas is suspended from the league, he almost received jail time on a weapons charge, there was a major trade of three key players, Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, and my favorite Antawn Jamison and MORE injuries.




Outstanding half time show - kids!


Trying to get a good shot of Orlando's Vince Carter.


Superman, Dwight Howard


The Wizards logo.


Still trying to get a good shot of Vince Carter, never did - but I do like the effect on the shoes.



The new additions to the Wizards lineup.


Amost a good shot of Vince.




Last night Washington had the first win for the month of March, we beat New Orleans 96 – 91… we’re on a winning streak!

4 comments:

CAB said...

I'm sooo not a sports fan, but for your sake, I'm glad you got to go and had a good time!! :)

ReBecca said...

CAB,

I know I'm one of the rare girls that likes sports, well not all of them - just a few!

ReBecca

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Glad you had fun! :)

We're hoping to take Munchkin to a Phoenix Suns game at some point. Ideally, it would be when they're playing the Detroit Pistons as that's our team, but I'm not sure if that will work out.

I really like Dwight Howard myself. He seems like such a good guy.

ReBecca said...

Heather, I’m sure Munchkin will enjoy the game, we plan to take the kids next time – it was nice to have a rare date night.

-ReBecca

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts