Thursday, September 18, 2008

Interchangeable Watch

My friend Carla commissioned me to make two watches, I suggested having them be interchangeable so that she can use the same watch face and just change the bands. She loved the idea, her colors were purple/black and pearl/black, this is what I came up with...



This is oval faceted Amethyst Quartz with Swarovski 5mm round faceted Light Amethyst Swarovski crystals, Swarovski 5mm Jet spacer crystals, Turkish sterling silver beads with a lobster claw clasp at each end.

Because the band is strung on the stretchy cord, you don't have to unhook the clasp to put on the watch, you can just slid it on your wrist. This idea came to me yesterday - you can also wear the band as a bracelet by attaching the clasps to a metal connector. Talk about versatile!

Here is how it looks with the watch face. Gorgeous!



This is the second band that I made for Carla, it features Swarovski 6mm round faceted Jet crystals sandwiched between Swarovski pearls, Czech faceted glass beads, sterling silver spacers, Jet seed beads and a lobster claw clasp at each end.


Here is how this double stand band looks with the watch face. Carla said this is what she pictured in her minds eye! Very regal.


Carla e-mailed me one morning and said, "I've come up with your next jewelry line... watches!" I have the BEST of friends, it makes my heart swell knowing that my friends are just as excited about my beading as I am.

1 comment:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Once again, you've made some beautiful pieces!!

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts