Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Excellent Crock Pot Recipe

Need another good chicken crock pot recipe? Here is one that I got from A Year of CrockPotting. I've made this twice now - it is simple, tasty and not a lot of ingredients.

I used skinless chicken thighs each time, and today because I didn't have any fresh garlic I used Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic. Give it a try and let me know what you think!


Crock Pot 20 to 40 Clove Garlic Chicken

3-4 pounds chicken

1 large onion, sliced

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 teaspoons kosher salt

2 teaspoons paprika

1 teaspoon pepper

20-40 garlic cloves, peeled, but intact


Directions:

Place onion slices on the bottom of the stoneware insert. In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken parts with olive oil, salt, paprika, pepper, and all of the garlic cloves. Pour into crock pot, on top of the onion.


Do not add water.


Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-6. The longer you cook chicken-on-the-bone, the more tender it will be.

No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts