Monday, December 22, 2008

Glamorous on a Chain!

My mother-in-law needed a pair of black and red earrings, so I made these little dangles for her using silver-plated clip-on ear wire, black Czech glass faceted round beads, Siam Swarovski faceted round crystal, sterling silver flat and round beads all wrapped with 22 gauge sterling silver wire. They were a big hit with her.

Click picture to enlarge

This next piece was a lot of fun to make and I am really pleased at how it turned out, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before. I love interchangeable jewelry, and wanted to do something using a sterling silver chain that had interchangeable pendants. Here is my latest creation...

The first interchangeable pendant features a large Swarovski copper crystal, with three dangles that have beads in brown, copper and cream, various shaped sterling beads and lobster claw clasp.

Click picture to enlarge

The second one has a large red and black ceramic hand painted bead as the center piece with three dangles that include black and garnet beads, various shaped sterling silver beads and lobster claw clasp. Even the back of the necklace has a bit of sparkle, I wire wrapped a Swarovski faceted round crystal to enclose the end of the chain to sterling silver lobster claw clasp and eye.

Click picture to enlarge

I've worn the necklace with the crystal pendant two or three times, and received many compliments on it, I got a "WOW" from Eric the first time he saw it! Glamorous on a chain.

No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts