Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Bead Challenge

BeadL Jewlz, one of the bead stores in Fredericksburg had a Holiday Bead Challenge. They wanted to see how many different styles of bracelets can be designed using the same beads. You could not duplicate the two samples the store provided for inspiration, and you had to use all the green fire polished beads, and some of the red seed beads and bugle beads. We were free to add our own sterling silver, gold filled or copper beads, and a clasp.

The deadline was November 29, and I have had my beads for awhile but only started my bracelet Thanksgiving day, just days before the deadline! My first design was a double stand and was all finished except for crimping the last crimp bead, and while doing that I cracked the tiny seed bead and couldn't salvage the bracelet. Then I had another design pop into my head, use copper wire to make dangles - Eric said they looked like resisters so I didn't make anymore. Then finally I just went with my favorite mode - plain and simple, and here is what I came up with....

Friday, Eric dropped on my bracelet off at the store and Monday my mom, the kids and I went to the store to check out all the designs. They only had four bracelets submitted. The two bracelets on the left (top and bottom) are what the bead store designs. They all are beautiful...



Here is Boscoe, the bead store "manager", he is a full-figured kitty that is SO lovable so I had to add him.




I really enjoyed the Bead Challenge and I'm looking forward to the next one, they are thinking about Valentine's Day. Next time, I will not wait until the eleventh hour to make my project!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

So did you win anything?? I like your braclet alot better then the others. The store ones are good too though. Our dentist keeps this big dog in their office and she is so sweet. I love places that keep pets, I think the people are a bit more trustworthy don't you?
Keep that jewlery coming.
Vanessa

ReBecca said...

Vanessa,

I did forget to include the reward for the Bead Challenge! All participants received a 20% off coupon from the store. There will also be a drawing for a $25 store gift certificate.

Thanks for the kind words about my bracelet! You are so sweet.

I just popped over to your blog... the Tiramasu cake looks yummy!

ReBecca

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts