Thursday, December 4, 2008

Home Baked and Yummy!

I got a new recipe from a friend and wanted to try them out for Thanksgiving for my family, I was just about to start getting out all the ingredients when Nicole asked if she could help. This is a FIRST, so I told her "Sure, go wash you hands!".

I wanted to double the recipe, but if Nicole had known in advance that math, and more specific FRACTIONS would be involved, I don't think she would have volunteered. This was a great lesson! For some reason I don't think my kids realize that math is math - whether a lesson for school or life.

I could only find my Pampered Chef muffin stone (I've still not unpacked everything from when we moved!) Eric and Gene went to the store to buy us another tin, and arrived just in time for the last filling. Here is Nicole eating the leftover sweet potato...


Look how pretty! Of course everyone had to try one or two after they cooled!




I got the recipe from my friend, Devildogwife , they are easy and extremely good, they were a huge hit at our house. Here is the recipe in case you would like to try it, be sure to let me know if you make them!


Sweet Potato Muffins Recipe


Ingredients:

1 1/2 Cup flour
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 Cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 Cup vegetable oil (or preferred oil)
2 Tbsp evaporated milk
1 Cup mashed yams

Mix dry ingredients. Stir in sugar, eggs, oil, and milk. Stir in mashed yams. Grease muffin tins and fill 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes. Cool in pan.

Note: These freeze well, so go ahead and make a double or triple batch.

Enjoy!













































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice stuff,good pictures

ReBecca said...

Marcia,

Thanks for taking a look at my blog and leaving a comment. Keep cheking in, I update at least weekly. Love you!

ReBecca

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts