Monday, March 10, 2008

Student Notebooks

I wanted to show you how we do a couple of things to stay somewhat organized with our school work. The kids both have student notebooks, basically where they file all their completed work (except for writing, that is in a separate notebook). I purchased a pack of table of contents index reference dividers, printed the cover page on transparency paper and put a piece of green card stock behind the transparency, so each subject or activity is assigned a number, and after their work is completed reviewed it is ready to be filed in their notebooks.






Here is how their writing notebooks look. You may have noticed that after the #4 tab the next tab is “verb”, well I had a brilliant idea last week to add tabs for adverbs, adjectives, verbs, prepositions - just to make it a bit easier for my guys when they are adding their dress-ups to the writing assignments, but I was lazy and didn’t want to redo the whole cover page so I just added tabs presto this is what we have.




We have our school room down in the basement, but we usually do our work in the dining room. The kids were constantly going up and down the stairs for this or that, and wasting lots of time, so I thought about how I could nip this in the bud, here is what I came up with. A crate. Everything they need for school is inside, books, notebooks, pencil box, pleasure reading books, loose leaf paper, everything. No more needless running down to get the forgotten anymore!

No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts