Monday, March 31, 2008

I've Got New Cooking Tools!

A few weeks ago, my friend Michelle invited me to her Pampered Chef party. I love, love, love Pampered Chef kitchen tools. Tools mind you, not gadgets!

I recall going to a Pampered Chef for the first time, I wanted everything except for maybe the grapefruit knife! The consultant talked about hosting a party and how to become a consultant to get free products - I was sold! That same night I told my dear hubby that I wanted to be a consultant, I was so excited! I knew I would do a wonderful job, because I wanted all that stuff.

My dear hubby looked at me as if I had two heads, and reminded me that I didn't like to cook. How in the world was I going to start a business that involved cooking? Funny how the little details never seem to make in the forefront of your brain when you are "wowed" about something! I thought for a quick second and said that this would help me to enjoy cooking, because I was going to get so much practice AND get paid to cook. LOL! Right! Well that didn't happen (sweet smile).



Anyway, here is the loot that I purchased from Michelle's party:
Cookware protectors (I really need this!)
Sheet Pan - Large
Smooth Edge Can Opener
Prep Bowl Set
Bamboo Spoon Set (received free)

The smooth edge can opener is wonderful, this was a replacement for my old one. If you have never tried it, and need a splendid can opener - give this one a try.

The consultant made Warm Nutty Carmel Brownies, the recipe is from the Season's Best Collection (Fall/Winder 2007). I tried to look for it on-line, but couldn't find it, so here are pictures of the recipe card she gave us. They were, of course very yummy! Don't even think about how many calories are in these things - remember moderation!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi ReBecca,
Your story is so similar to mine! My husband looked at me like I was crazy, reminded me I didn't like to cook, and I told him it would help. However, I did become a consultant for 7 months and earned lots of stuff! Great tools! And I think I have learned to cook a little better.
--Gena
www.homeschoolblogger.com/genamayo

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts