Tuesday, March 18, 2008

That's My Girl!


Saturday the kids had practice for the upcoming AWANA Games. My Nicole has a little "hitch" when she runs; one legs becomes extremely stiff and she is basically dragging the other leg. When she really concentrates it is not so noticeable, but if she is too excited, or in a "race" it is very noticeable.

Well the AWANA Games have relay races, so when it was time for Nicole's age group to run my heart went out to her, I didn't think she would want participate in this event. When the whistle blew she took off. Big smile on her face, she ran as fast as she could, never once slowing down. She was came in last place BUT she never gave up! I can not tell you how proud I am of Princess Nicole, she is a real trooper. I/we can learn a lot from this 10 year old.

Here she is practicing running with Gene.



I even got out there to run with them. Sorry, no photos of that! Both kids like to out do dear old mom, of course I let them win today - I had on my clogs. Can you see my big 'ole grin!

No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts