Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pretty in Pink



I made this pretty little pink crystal and pearl bracelet on Tuesday evening, click the picture to make larger. The bracelet didn't take long to make, the hardest part is trying to figure out the pattern you want to use. I did much better with the crimping part and also making the bracelet taut before the second crimp, this one maybe too tight. One end of the spectrum of the other for me.

Tuesday the kids and I stopped in at Beads on Parade, a bead store in town because I needed a few clasps. One of the ladies who greeted me ended up giving me a little lesson on how to make earrings. It was a snap, well... while I was under her watchful eye but hopefully I will be able to remember what she said and be able to make some for myself. She also gave me a mini lesson on crimping, my current nemesis. Practice, practice, practice she tells me.

There were two ladies in the store were making necklaces and one lady allowed Nicole to model a beautiful blue beaded necklace she had just finished, those crystals were dazzling and really popped against Nicole's green shirt, to bad I didn't have my camera. The lady told Gene that beading wasn't just for girls, she has a male customer who makes beaded lanyards and sells them to his co-workers. My kids were just chatting up both ladies about their beading classes, homeschooling, and their favorite food.

The picture below is the bracelet I made yesterday. I have four of these beads left so I think I will try to make a pair of earrings to match. I will let you know how they turn out!

No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts