Friday, May 2, 2008

Sewing



I would like to take a sewing class. I don't have a sewing machine and the last time I sewed was in Elementary or was it Jr. High School? Anyway... my mom was the instructor and I almost failed the class. Is this a sign that sewing is not for me? Hopefully not!

You would think that since my mom, her two sisters, and my sister Shirley - all sew extremely well, that somehow this talent and ability would have passed down to me. So far it has not, I CAN cross stitch, does that count? I'm willing to give sewing another try and see what happens. This time it is something I want to do, well I guess I wanted to back then, this time I really, really want to!

Days later...

I now have a sewing machine, it arrived Tuesday!! A early Mother's Day present from my dear hubby! Here is is...



I ordered the machine from Costco.com because they didn't have any more in the local store (Costco.com offers free shipping!). I have already watched the DVD, but will need to watch it again and actually do the steps they take you through. I plan to play around with it this weekend, get comfortable then schedule my sewing class. I told my mom that the machine has an automatic needle threader, we had a good laugh because I remember she would call one of us kids in from playing or whatever we were doing to come and thread the needle for her! Mom could have used that feature years ago!

Here are the features the machine offers:

110 stitch functions - 70 built-in stitches, each with multiple stitch functions - including utility, decorative, heirloom and quilting
LCD display with computerized stitch selection & built in help guidelines
New! Exclusive "Sew Nice" customizable picture frame
New! Super bright work area. 50% brighter, reduces eye strain
Includes 10 sewing feet, virtually all the sewing feet you will ever need
Includes oversized extension table for large sewing projects
Included hard case
7 styles of 1-step, auto-size buttonholes
Super-wide (7mm) zigzag and decorative stitches
Built-in thread cutter
Automatic needle threading
Fast, automatic bobbin winding
1-step bobbin replacement with quick set drop-in bobbin
Variable needle position
Operates with or without foot control
Drop feed for free motion quilting
Electronic speed adjustment
Narrow hemmer foot
Built-in stretch stitches: Sew fleece, elastic and other stretchy fabrics
Built-in decorative stitches: Embellish clothing, pillows, towels, etc.; crazy quilt designs
Built-in heirloom stitches: Create delicate family treasures
Built-in quilting stitches: Embellish or join quilt blocks
Free arm/flatbed convertible sewing surface
Accessories for zipper insertion, darning, twin-needle stitching and button sewing
Quick-change presser feet
Stitch width/length control
Adjustable thread tension control
Safety power and light switch
Accessory storage pod
English/Spanish instruction booklet
Instructional DVD included
Built-in handle for easy portability
Weight: 19 lbs

To be perfectly honest with you, I don't know what half this stuff means, but I'm sure by this time next year I will.

Good day!

No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts