Tuesday, October 7, 2008

All Wrapped Up!

Here is my latest creation, a wire wrapped necklace. The necklace is made with Rhyolite ovals and brown coin shaped Mother-of-Pearl beads with a Sterling Silver flower connector and S-hook clasp. If you want to get a closer look, just click on the picture to enlarge.

I have wanted to make this type of necklace for ages, but was a little nervous because of all the wire wrapping involved, but I just jumped in and am VERY pleased with the results. Not bad for my first try - I just may have to get a new outfit to wear with this one!

Here is what the necklace looks on. Yes, I'm modeling the necklace, and managed to take the picture all by myself. I stood in front of the mirror, so that I can see when I had the picture in focus - clever huh! Thank you, thank you very much! Please hold the applause!!

I am considering attaching dangles made out of the brown Mother-of-Pearls and/or perhaps brown crystals, not quite sure. What do you think?



The matching earrings... I made them rather plain, because the Rhyolite gemstone has a lot going on. I love the splotches of color.



To punch up the Mother-of-Pearl coin bead, I am adding a Bali fan and Sterling Silver 2mm round bead and spacer. Here is the layout - fancy and cute!


Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of the necklace and earrings. I would really appreciate it and would love to hear from you!

1 comment:

ravengal said...

Those are gorgeous! Nice job.

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts