Friday, October 24, 2008

Wedding Crashers and Other Stuff

Last Saturday the family and I headed down to Yorktown for a wedding, my in-laws received their invitation, but somehow ours and niece Lindsay's didn't come in the mail, an oversight we just know, so we crashed the wedding. We do know the bride, and Eric told her that this was one wedding he was not going to miss, invitation or not - you see the bride is 49, and this is her first marriage. The wedding was beautiful. The soloist sounded like a professional singer, I didn't see her at first and thought it was music from a CD. The ring bearer and flower girl were adorable, the flower girl was a bit reluctant to walk down the isle, and was defiantly not tossing any flowers that day. The bride was radiant, congratulations Mabel and Keith!


Here is a picture of the wedding program. Just goes to show you that anything can be turned into a lapbook!




Field Trip




Yesterday the kids and I went on a field trip to the USMC Museum with our homeschool group. We had a guided tour which is always the best way, our guide, a retired Marine was suburb! I had been to the museum just back in July, but saw many new things this time, and learned so much more with the guide. I had my camera but didn't take the first picture, so here is one from my first visit.

The Other Stuff

I finally got around to switching out the summer clothes for the winter clothes for the kids this week, and quickly realized that Gene was in dire need for winter clothes, just about everything he had was too short. So today, we headed for the store, our first stop was Target and they had Hanes boys sweat pants and shirts for $3.33. I went to the regular Target not the Super Target, but they may have the same deal.

Nicole's birthday is tomorrow, we went to Mary's Cakery & Candy Kitchen for her birthday cake. While we waited, they gave us yummy fudge samples, and they lady who helped me gave Nicole some free candies for her birthday, how sweet is that. They make a German Chocolate cake, (which is my all time favorite cake) that is almost as good as my mom's.

The cake is so pretty, can you guess her favorite color is purple!


No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts