Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Parent Meeting

My homeschool group Teaching Our Own Legacy (TOOL) had the privilege of having Rick Boyer at our parent meeting last night. Mr. Boyer is one of the early trailblazers of the home-education movement. He and his wife, Marilyn, have taught their 14 children at home, kindergarten through high school, since 1980. Rick has spoken at homeschooling conventions across the U.S. as well as overseas, and has authored several books on Christian parenthood and home education. He and Marilyn operate The Learning Parent, a ministry to home-teaching families.

Rick’s talk for our parent meeting was titled Starting Right- Staying Right. He gave us some practical wisdom about educating our children at home that was very encouraging, not to mention entertaining!

I purchased two books - it is extremely hard for me to resist a book, and I thought I did very well keeping it to just two! One book is actually a Bible Study for the kids on how to apply the fruit of the Spirit to our lives, it is recommended for middle school students, but I'm sure it can be tweaked for Nicole.






No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts