Friday, May 1, 2009

Around the Bird Feeder...

Here are some pictures I took this week around the bird feeder, enjoy!

I will start with the pest, look how comfortable these pesky squirrels are. They are sprawled out eating the bird feed. Why!







We had a new arrival to the bird feeder, this is a male Hairy Woodpecker






And another newcomer was a male Rose-Breasted Grosbeak, this little one has come by several times this week.




One of our favorites, Red-Bellied Woodpecker



We were so excited to see that the Hummingbirds have returned, not quite sure what kind this is, but he is a beauty.




Here is I think my first picture of a Blue Jay, he must have eyes in the back of their heads, because when I even move to get the camera, he will fly away. We usually only have one Blue Jay at at time at the feeder, but earlier this week I saw a couple, very exciting - but also camera shy!





2 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

I just found your blog this morning and am having a wonderful time reading! I think I found your blog on another woman's 'blog comments' about bird lapbooks.

I have the book No Other God's that you mentioned in one of your posts. I did not get very far in it. (I was doing it by myself and we were going through an adoption, and, and, and...) How did you like it?

I am a Christian homeschooling mom, again, to three boys that we brought home from Russia in December. I have discovered some wonderful help on the internet, this time around, that I did not have the first go-round of homeschooling. I will love checking back on your blog. You sound like a wonderful woman and I have really enjoyed your Bible posts!

ReBecca said...

Phyllis,

Thank you for taking a look at my blog, and leaving me a comment! i did enjoy the NOG Bible study, I did it two girlfriends which help to make it extra special. Congratulations on your adoption!! Do stop by my blog when you get a chance. Be blessed!

ReBecca

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts