Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Day in Westmoreland

Saturday we headed to the Westmoreland State Park, the weather was absolutely gorgeous, and was just what I needed.

I didn't have on the proper shoes so we didn't walk any of the trails, but toured the park and was able to walked the beach, then cooled off with some tasty ice cream.



Here are some kids enjoying the water






What a treat to discover this osprey nest on the top of the gazebo at the end of one of the piers. Only wish we could have gotten a tad bit closer - but I'm not crazy, and was thankful that I had a camera with a zoom.


















After we left the State Park, we drove over to the Westmoreland Berry Farm to pick strawberries. Yum!




We also bought some honey, sweet potato butter and blackberry preserves. One day I will try my hand at making my own jelly or preserves but it will not be this day! Looking forward to trying the sweet potato butter, I'm a huge fan of apple butter but have never tried sweet potato butter - I will let you know how well I like it. Can hardly wait go back to the berry farm!

1 comment:

CAB said...

Looks like a fabulous day - I think I need a day like that, reading about yours made me feel teary - sigh, these hormones.

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts