Saturday, May 9, 2009

Strolling Down Memory Lane

When we were home in March, I begged Ma to let me take one small photo album and about five loose pictures with me, so that I can copy my favorite ones and have them at home. It was a L-O-N-G pause before she said yes (YIPPEE!).

Because my scanner is acting all hinkty, I had to take the pictures to Wal-Mart to scan and put on a CD. It has been a thrill to stroll down memory lane with these photos, some were taken way before I was even born, but I remember the stories behind them and just love the people in them. Now, I will see if I can get Ma to ship me another photo album, humm....

Here is a picture of my brother Bill, he was such a tiny baby, the doll was my sister DoRetha's - one of those walk and talk doll babies and Bill didn't seem to care for the doll.





My brother Bill and sister Shirley...




More little half dressed Shirley and Bill. Notice in this picture Shirley has on dress shoes with her diaper, Bill still doesn't have on any shoes!


Shirley, me, and Bill. Ma made the dresses that Shirley and I are wearing, everyone thought we were twins. Are you kidding me!


The girl sitting on the floor is my sister DoRetha, my brother Joe is on the couch and you can only see half of Grandma Mary.


My brother Joe and Grandma Mary are being silly next to Grandaddy Bill and little Bill.


Bill and Grandaddy walking. I believe the story is that Bill started walking after my grandparents left! I've always loved this picture.


Granddaddy Bill, Grandma Mary and Bill


Bill, Shirley and me, Slocomb, Alabama. This is in front of my Grandparents house.



Me and Daddy in front of Aunt Annie's house, Detroit Michigan


Me, Daddy, niece LaTressa, sister Shirley and the little boy is cousin Reggie.


Ma and Granddaddy Bill.



Father and son - Granddaddy Bill and Daddy, with little Reggie.



Ma and Daddy all dressed up. I just love the dress my mother is wearing and look at the skinny tie Daddy is wearing!




No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts