Friday, April 4, 2008

Lapbooking

I did a lapbook presentation for my homeschool group back in February, and while preparing for it I found myself really getting into lapbooks again. The kids and I have done a couple, but I was really inspired to continue using these awesome learning tools.

Here is a picture of my presentation board with various folds:



The more kids (or adults for that matter) “handle” information the better they are in retaining the information. I am not creative or crafty, so I need all the help I can get when it comes to adding a sparkle into our schooling. Lapbooks are a great way to get in not only arts and crafts but learning disguised as fun!

I wanted to share the special that is going on over a Hands of a Child. They have a coupon for 35% off, this includes membership! These are ready-to-assemble lapbooks that you can download and start learning - no waiting on the mailman! I love their motto: Helping You Bring Learning and Laughter together in the Hands of YOUR Child! I trying to narrow down my wish list! Be sure to check them out.

Here is a link for lapbooking 101 that I found when doing research for my presentation.

2 comments:

jmcwnz said...

ReBecca, Long may you be inspired watching your children learning and presenting their information. You know, we are all creative - cos we're created in the image of God - and look around, see how creative He is!
Have fun with lapbooking (and thanks for the mention). Shalom,

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca! Thanks for stoppin by my blog. You most certainly can snag that comic. I will be back to read your blog. Right now we are on our way to a field trip to see a Glass Blower.

Have a Great Day!!

Tirzah

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts