Friday, April 18, 2008

Mother's Day Presents

The kids and I learned how to bead yesterday at Yummy Bead & Fabric. I wanted them to make bracelets for Mother's Day presents for the Grandma's. Of course I just had to make one for me, just cause! The hardest part was deciding just WHAT you wanted to do! The kids both had an inspiration piece to help them in the process, but they came up with the color and spacers, we decided on using this cool clasp because it was big and would be easy for the Grandma's to put on and take off.

This is the one Gene made for Grandma Jane (Eric's mother), the picture does not do it justice, it is absolutely beautiful. Gene did a wonderful job.



Nicole made this for Grandma Agnes (my mother) pink and pearls, I don't think the store had purple beads or Nicole didn't find any because I'm sure she would have done hers in her fav purple! This is so delicate and ultra feminine.



Gene's design again with a black background, the red really pops on this one.



This is a close up of Nicole sporting her bracelet.



Nicole laid her design out, and is ready to start stringing her beads.



Gene stringing his beads, Gene's bracelet has two strands of wire, and has Swarovski crystals, if Grandma Jane doesn't like this, I have dibs on it!



Here is the bracelet that I made, just like me; plain, simple and brown! I think it is pretty though, I wanted a neutral that I could wear everyday, and I already have a fabulous green one.

No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts