Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Florida Trip: Craft Projects Past and Present

I've been in the "crafty" mode for the last few months, so my mom brought out some of my earlier "works of art" (using these words loosely). Here is my first and only attempt at embroidery, a pillow case - I only made one (know your limitations). I was in elementary school when I made this an it really looks a hot mess! Click on the picture to see exactly what I mean. Only a mother could love something like this and of course she does and still uses it after all these years. Shabby chic or just shabby? LOL



You will have to admit that this project looks much better, here is a cross stitch of "Footprints in the Sand" that I made for my mom. It was difficult taking a picture without the glare, if you click on the picture you may be able to see the details a little better. Not sure when I made this, but I was a young adult I do believe. I forgot to get pictures of the cross stitch that I made for my daddy. I do much better at cross stitching than embroidery.



Our God-daughter Alexis received a embroidery machine for Christmas, she gave us a mini "how-to" lesson and showed us projects she has made, you know I was all eyes, ears and full of questions. She made this while we watched, it took minutes, it is a pair of scandals on the back of a t-shirt, how cool is that for the summer. My head was swimming with gift ideas.



Here is the machine making a cute little green turtle.



Here is the finished turtle and Alexis, it took no time at all, the machine tells you when to change the thread, hers even has a thumb drive! Eric and I both are ready to get a embroidery machine! Alexis is my craft buddy, she scrapbooks, paints, cooks, does cake decorating, has a garden, sews, AND plays basketball PLUS makes good grades!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think for parents they are really special. When my mum died I found a lot of things I had made for her when I was very young. And I have kept the things my boys have made too

Blueberry said...

I made my mother a "Footprints in the Sand" cross stitch when I was 19 years old. I think she still has it, but I'm not sure.

I'm better at cross stitch than embroidery too!

Ana said...

Hi!!
I love that project and never saw it..please tell me where I can find it?? I'd appreciate cause I love that saying.
Thanks a lot
Big hugs
Ana

Ana said...

And congratulations your crafts are lovely.
Big hugs
Ana

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts