Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Purple bracelet for Carla

Here is a bracelet that I made from my friend Carla. Carla loves the Lord, and is such a giving person, that I wanted to do something nice for her, my hope is that this little bracelet will bless her and bring a smile to her face when she looks at it, because I always smile when I think of her.



The bracelet features rainbow fluorite and fresh water pearls...



When I saw the beads at the bead store, I was instantly drawn to them but like a nut I didn't get them. They kept calling to me - not really but you know what I mean, I just couldn't get them out of my head, so on my next trip to the store I got them.

The bracelet has had several designs before I finally decided that this one works for me. I even added a fabulous amethyst nugget but it just wasn't right.

Here is one of the designs that didn't work for me.



I wanted to add these sterling silver lantern spacers to the design, but for the life of me I could not string them on correctly, I had a time trying to get the wire to come out of the end of the spacer. Note to self, never get spacers with lots of openings! I must tell you that after Carla's bracelet was finished I was able to string the lantern spacers! It was not meant to be.



I also wanted to share the bracelet that got me started in beading. I purchased this bracelet from Yummy's Bead and Fabrics (which is no longer in business - sad face), in case you don't know, my favorite color is green and this one had my name written all over it.

I will be restringing it to add two more Chrysolite bicone Swarovski crystals to the bracelet. The pictures does not due to bracelet justice, you have to see it to get the full effect of the crystals - but I love it!

3 comments:

Blueberry said...

Very pretty! I'd like to learn how to make my own bracelets someday. Is it hard? I suppose designing them is the most rewarding part about it, but I can see where it could be frustrating too.

I bought my daughter a bracelet a few months ago with hand painted beads. It's so pretty and now I wish I had bought myself one.

Blessings to you and your family. I enjoyed visiting today:-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog. The bracelet is very pretty, will be a lovely gift

Tracey said...

Wow, look at you getting crafty! Keep up the good work, you’re good at it. I’ve enjoyed your blog, especially the wildlife and flowers. Nice pics! Tracey

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts