Wednesday, June 25, 2008

PBA Becca!

My dear loves to bowl hubby finally talked me into getting a bowling ball. One of the bowling alley’s has a special on a ball, bag and shoes for $100, which is a good deal I think - not a huge investment but you get what you need for a good start. We ordered my starter kit a couple of weeks ago, and finally got around to getting back to the bowling alley yesterday to get my ball sized.

The whole sizing process is very interesting (to bad I didn’t have my camera); we even had the opportunity to watch as they drilled the holes for my ball, vacuumed the dust and polished up my striker! My new bowling shoes didn’t feel like the house shoes you rent, much nicer and cleaner, they do have the slider pad on the bottom so I was nervous I would slid my graceful self right into the lane, thankfully I didn’t! I was ready to try out all my new stuff, so Eric signed us up to bowl an hour - look out PBA tour I’m ready now.



I wish I could tell you that I had my best game ever, but unfortunately I can’t because I do believe I had my worst game ever! Okay, sure I didn’t break a nail (one of the benefits per my dear hubby) but the first game even the kids beat me, I bowled a whopping 68. I’ve done better with rental shoes and a house ball! A 68 are you kidding me – did I just throw 100 bucks down the drain?

Eric tries to encourage me to remember my form, bend my knees, don’t chunk the ball down, don’t turn my right wrist, and a whole bunch of other pointers that were fuzzy once I’m on my approach!

My second game was much better 102, I even had a strike, we didn’t get to finish our third game, the time ran out in the 9th frame and I believe I had 98; too bad we couldn’t finish the game I want to think that I would have at least made it to 100. As with everything, I will need to practice, practice, practice.

No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts