Monday, June 9, 2008

Florida Trip

We drove down sunny (which really means HOT and humid!) Florida May 30 through June 7 to visit my mother. The drive down was extremely long, a whopping 15 hours but we listened to audio books that I downloaded, they really helped to pass the time. I am still amazed with my little iPod, I have over 75 hours of books - not including the music on this one little bitty device! Here is a picture of my iPod and the thingy (so technical) for the car so you don’t need headphones to listen – great investment, I wish I would have bought one sooner.





Of course we had a great time, the first few days of our trip I kept getting text message alerts saying there were tornado watches and warning for King George. Would the electricity go out causing the sump pump not work? Would the basement be flooded? It was nerve wracking! My dear hubby and I decided not worry about things we can't control; the Lord will help us through whatever, great or small. So we relaxed and enjoyed our vacation!

We didn’t get to see everyone or even do all the things we wanted, but it was refreshing to get away and have fun and a super bonus was to see my dear, sweet and beautiful mother and the family and friends we did get to see. Here are some pictures of our trip.

We met friends for a evening of bowling...






We took a break from the heat to check out the brand new public library, they had a enormous Children/Youth section, very spacious...

No comments:

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts