Friday, July 25, 2008

This Crazy Week


We received a call from Gene's eye doctor that his new glasses were ready, so Wednesday we head to the "Burg to get the long awaited glasses, only to find out that the lab has used the wrong frames, they are similar to the frames Gene picked out but MUCH larger. They looked huge on Gene's little face!

The lady offered to let Gene use those glasses, but with my boy plus loaner glasses - didn't seem like the greatest idea in my book, so he put on his tiny specks and we will wait for another week to get his glasses. What can you do?


We went bowling earlier this week, my goal is to bowl at least 100, both Eric and I were struggling the entire time. At one point I was leading Eric, which never happens unless I'm first up and Eric hasn't bowled. It was not my night to bowl, I had gutter balls, many, many open frames, I did have a couple of strikes - not that many.

Eric says that I need a heavier ball, so he has ordered me a 12 pound ball, a cherry Vibe. The new ball should arrive next week, then we will have it drilled, hopefully this will help me a little.



Do you know what kind of bird this is? If so, please let me know. He usually flies away before I can get a picture ready. I'm thinking the first picture if of the female.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love the pictures of the bird. I have had little visitors as well and have had no luck getting a shot at it.;( I really want a bird book so I know what to feed them and hopefully entice them to stay longer.
Sorry to hear about the glasses it's frustrating and I can understand it completly. I used to work in a place like that. Be sure to show us the new glasses when he does get them.
Vanessa

Cathy Lyon said...

I love the pictures of the bird also and I too have a love for watching them. We like to experiment to see what kind of seed will attract the different birds. The bird you have is called an Indigo Bunting. The interesting thing about this bird is that it is actually a black bird and the refraction of the sunlight within its feathers make it appear blue. Pretty cool, huh?
Cathy Lyon

Christian Myspace Layouts
Christian Myspace Layouts